1. Default Relocating Philly to Albuquerque NM this month Looking for the Best route?

Hello everyone! I will be relocating end of March to Albuquerque NM from the Philly area. I would like an 'easy' route. We will have 3 days to get there. Any info on a route would be MOST appreciated. Also trying to gauge where we would stop for the night based on travel distance per day. Any info on tolls would be great as well. Thanking you all in advance!

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

3 days is really pushing the limits of safety for a trip that's more than 1900 miles. Professional drivers would be required to have at least 3 overnight stops on a trip of this distance - as they are limited to roughly 600 miles per day on the road.

For routes, you really don't have any choice but the most direct one: PA Turnpike to I-70 to I-44 to I-40. Your only tolls will be drive across PA on the turnpike and on I-44 in Oklahoma. An ez-pass won't work in OK, btw.

If you insist on doing the trip in 3 days, then Indianapolis and Tulsa are your only options for stopping points. It would be smarter to take 3.5 days - where your overnights would be Dayton OH, Springfield MO, and Amarillo TX.

Default Absolute minimum.

Hello and welcome to RTA !

This would be a minimum of 3 days and is pushing beyond the maximum 600 miles per day we recommend for multi day trips, for both safety and comfort reasons. If 3 days is your limit then you would be looking at staying to the west of Indianapolis and then Tulsa dividing your days equally. Staying to the west of the City's means you will be heading away from the city as the morning rush begins heading in. You should expect to be on the road for 12 hours each day with short breaks for fuel, rest and food.

Hi, Swain.

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Michael
    If you insist on doing the trip in 3 days, then Indianapolis and Tulsa are your only options for stopping points. It would be smarter to take 3.5 days - where your overnights would be Dayton OH, Springfield MO, and Amarillo TX.
    I agree - it would be better if you could take one more half day (or a full day if possible) to make the trip.

Anyway, if you have any questions about the ABQ area, I’ll be glad to help if I can.

Welcome to the Duke City!

Last edited by howard; 03-03-2016 at 08:20 PM. Reason: punctuation

5. Default

Thank you all for the information and advice. We will look to make the trip in 3.5 days with the wife and I sharing the driving duties.