1. Default Road trip from NOLA to Eugene: Best sights to see!

Hi everyone!

Looking for some advice on an upcoming trip from New Orleans to Eugene, OR. I'm moving back to the PNW and have no timeline on how long the trip has to be but I must leave NOLA in two weeks. I'll be traveling with my dog, and am hoping to get suggestions on what sights to hit up on my way that are canine friendly! Detours and stops are welcome! What do I need to see on my way??

Thanks for the help!

Melbourne, Australia

Default Your input comes first.

Hi, and QWelcome to the Great American Roadtrip Forum.

To find out what there is to see along your route, get hold of good maps, such as those from AAA, mark up the places you already know you would like to visit, and then check which of the many sites between those points are of interest to you. An internet search will, I am confident, show you which of those are pet friendly.

Without knoowing what interests you, it is hard for us to suggest places which interest us. They could well be totally different.

Good maps have so much more information than any little screen will ever show you. If you've never heard of some of these places, once again, the internet is of immense value. But you need to start with good detailed maps.

Once you have some dots on your maps the experts her are able to help you refine the route and/or offer further suggestions.