I have a trip planned for our honeymoon (surprise one) which I've booked the flights as follows:
- Flights from London to San Fran on 22-May (arrive at 5pm)
- Flights from Vegas to Hawaii on 28-May (leave at 9am)
- Flights from Hawaii to New York on 7-Jun (leave at 3pm)
- Flights from New York to London on 11-Jun (leave at 8pm)
I would find it useful to have some local input into my plans as I'm unsure on timescales/making things fit in
San Fran / Vegas
I've been reading a few posts on this popular route which has opened my eyes to a few suggestions (ie. drive through Yosemite, Death Valley, Helicopters from Vegas etc)
We have 6 days and am looking to do it as a drive. In San Fran we'll be staying around Fishermans Wharf or Union Sq. I want to include:
- Cycle over Golden Gate Bridge
- Food and Drink
Regarding Vegas, I've been looking at the Wynn but am considering some others on the strip. I see Vegas a including:
- Gambling, Eating and Drinking
- An evening show
- Hoover Dam (?)
- Grand Canyon (?) I would think by helicopter given the short timescales
So my questions:
- What other recommended things to do are there in San Francisco? The future Mrs likes boats/sea
- What other recommended things to do are there in Vegas?
- Is 7 Days (6 nights) enough time to fit something decent in via Yosemite? (I estimate this as 5 hours to Yosemite and 6 hours to Vegas). Maybe 2 nights in each place?
- Is it recommended to just drive straight to Vegas instead via the I-5/I-15 and if so, are there places along the way to see/do things? (other forum posts suggest not)
- Is there any time saving tips for this trip?
- What car hire advice would you give if going via Yosemite?
The flights are in to Honolulu and I have my eye on a few hotels on the Island (but could be open to splitting the trip). The main purpose of this leg of the trip is to relax on the beach, by the pool and enjoy the culture. What recommendations are there in O'ahu and/or the surrounding Islands? I'm looking at:
- Pearl Harbour Tour (she loves boats)
- Sunset Cruise
- Whale Cruise
- Volcanoes National Park
Any input would be greatly appreciated