I've been reading past discussions on this but they seemed old enough that I'd try for all new input.
- My mother and I are driving her new Toyota Camry all the way from Tampa to Seattle in January.
- I'll be doing most of the driving, and all of the driving in poor conditions.
- I've never put chains on a car, but I will learn this before heading out.
- I'm not terrified of driving through the passes. I can hunker down and take it slow, but still, considering the time of year, I'd be willing to add miles to avoid the most dangerous, snowiest/iciest route.
- We need to be back in Seattle by Friday 1/8 or early Sat 1/9.
- We would not add any miles for scenery or views or attractions. We WOULD add miles for safer, faster driving.
What route recommendations do you have?
How many days/nights do you recommend?
I appreciate your time and insight in guiding us!