1. Default Texas to Oregon Via Grand Canyon

We will be traveling from central Texas to Oregon and want to see the Grand Canyon. I'm not sure what would be the best route to take?

Help?

Dionne

Welcome to RTA Forum!

"Central Texas" and "Oregon" are areas that cover thousands of square miles, and without knowing a bit more specifically where you're going, it's going to be impossible to give you route recommendations.

You'll most likely want to work your way up to I-40 to get to the Grand Canyon, and you'll either want to use I-15 or I-5 to head up to Oregon, but that's really about as specific as we could possibly be at this point.

3. Default

we will be leaving San Antonio and going to Bend, Oregon. We've been this route many times through Arizon and Nevada. We'.ve never seen the Grand Canyon and would like to

Which route do you usually take through "Arizona and Nevada"? I'd guess any such route would already take you very near the Grand Canyon, and you might want to stick with that, since you're comfortable with it.

Without knowing that, I'd say your quickest/easiest route would be just to take I-10 all the way to Phoenix, and then up I-17/US-89 to the east entrance of Grand Canyon on AZ-64.

Onto Bend, I'd take US-89 into Utah, and pick up I-15/I-84 to Oregon, and then US-20 across to Bend. However, again, if you've got a route through Nevada you already like, that could be a workable option too.

You don't say what your time frame is and whether it is an out and back trip or a one way, or what your goals and interests are. For example do you want to visit other places, or get there quickly. The less info you give us, the less meaningful advice we can offer.

Default don't leave home without them.

Quote Originally Posted by abbieslayne View Post
    We will be traveling from central Texas to Oregon and want to see the Grand Canyon. I'm not sure what would be the best route to take?
    A good map will show you exactly! It will also show you how close you must have been to the GC on previous trips.

Don't rely solely on electronics. Get some good detailed maps and see just how many other great sites you will be passing close by.

Lifey