I am planning an intensive 15 days road trip with my girlfriend that includes both skiing and beaches.
The idea of the trip is to start from Denver and then:
- Day 1-3 stop at Vail Ski Resort from Friday to Sunday for skiing (no stops between Denver and the resort)
- on Sunday after tracks close drive 6 hours to Salina and overnight there (stop for fuel only)
- Day 4 depart from Salina at 10pm the next day to Death Valley (8 hours with stops)
- overnight at Death Valley (is it worth overnighting there? anything nearby, knowing that we will arrive almost at sunset and will spend the night there?)
- Day 5 continue to San Diego with a visit to Sequoia National forest and Mohave desert
- Day 5, 6, 7 stay at San Diego
- Day 8 early morning drive for LA and overnight there
- Day 9 LA
- Day 10 early in the morning drive the whole day to San Francisco (is it worth while driving along the coast through Santa Barbara and Monteray or that is a waste of time and it is better to go directly to SF, saving almost 4 hours?)
- Day 11, 12, 13 explore SF and in the afternoon head for the Heavenly via Sacremento
- Day 14, 15 stay at Heavenly
- Day 16 in the morning leave the car at the SF airport and fly back to Denver
Can you please tell me if this is a realistic plan and if I maybe missed something or could ommit something?