Me and my friend are planning to take a road trip from New York to Chicago from 30th November to 3rd of December. I have 4 days at my disposal and planning to travel at night time to save time. Can anyone answer a few of our queries:-
1) Is an estimate of 12-14 hrs driving time with a few gas/eat fair enough?
2) Which route is preferred for driving in winters and is also time saving?(I-80/I-90)??
3) is there any stretch of route 66 which we can enjoy on the way to Chicago?
3) we would be renting a car. is a standard Ford sedan enough for this trip?
4) What should be a reasonable daily budget?. i mean 30$ a day per person ?
5) which towns, cities we should definitely hit and what are the 'must-see' places along this route?....I know this is a vague question, so i will try to help anyone who is trying to answer this. Our interests are really those of any early twenty's guys: music, art, culture, nature etc etc.... but most importantly, this is our first road trip in US and are really looking forward to get a feel of the great american roads along with views and cultures to soak in on the way