Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default What is the weather in Colorado in July

Hi every one in this box. I am Tony Nguyen. I live in Hanoi Vietnam and will have a trip to visit Colorado in next July. I have not ever gone to this place yet and one thing I want to know that is what the weather in this area in July is? Is it too hot and what I need to prepare? Yes, I do not worry about cold and snow but hot is really scary

Tony Nguyen

Welcome to RTA!

Where in Colorado? Colorado has a few different climate zones. The "flatlands" can be in the 90s in July, with storms (rain) creating higher humidity. Up in the mountains, though, it can be quite a bit cooler, with storms that create hail or even an unexpected snow shower.

Donna

The eastern half of the state is quite flat and the sun is strong because at 5000' elevation there is less atmosphere to absorb solar energy. We also have a fairly dry climate so when afternoon thunderstorms build they are quite high off the ground. Some can build to enormous size and drop hail. But we have good visibility so you can see them from far away if you are travelling.

Typical afternoon temperatures can be 95F however the humidity will only be about 25% so it feels somewhat cooler - especially in shade. Night temperatures drop dramatically - usually at least 25 degrees or more so nights are quite pleasant.

Mountain weather is somewhat similar though cooler and more likely to have thunderstorms due to effects of hillsides causing different heating. The sun is even stronger when up high in the mountains and the night time temperature drop is even greater.

But this is not Arizona in the summer. Now THAT is a hot place!

Good advise and comments above. One useful website for an idea on historical temperatures is shown below. Pick out some points of interests for an idea of what the "usual weather" is like from year to year.
    http://www.intellicast.com/Local/History.aspx?month=4

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by noFanofCB View Post
    The eastern half of the state is quite flat and the sun is strong because at 5000' elevation there is less atmosphere to absorb solar energy. We also have a fairly dry climate so when afternoon thunderstorms build they are quite high off the ground. Some can build to enormous size and drop hail. But we have good visibility so you can see them from far away if you are travelling.

Typical afternoon temperatures can be 95F however the humidity will only be about 25% so it feels somewhat cooler - especially in shade. Night temperatures drop dramatically - usually at least 25 degrees or more so nights are quite pleasant.

Mountain weather is somewhat similar though cooler and more likely to have thunderstorms due to effects of hillsides causing different heating. The sun is even stronger when up high in the mountains and the night time temperature drop is even greater.

But this is not Arizona in the summer. Now THAT is a hot place!
    Thank Donna and
    noFanofCB so much. The weather in Colorado like the weather in my country. I do not like the stoms. It is so afraid with me.

6. Default

I am planning go to USA and where I will visit is Colorado but I am going to Las Vegas because it is my dream

7. Default

I have not ever gone to US and I'd like to see many photos of your country. Please post some images of Las Vegas if you can, thanks
    Last edited by Mark Sedenquist; 10-30-2015 at 12:12 AM.

8. Default

I have a question, in my country has many homestays and whether in Las Vegas or somewhere there are many homestays for tourists?

Moderator Note: Please keep all questions about your trip in the same thread.
    Last edited by Midwest Michael; 10-30-2015 at 04:51 AM. Reason: Merged Posts from Multiple Threads

Default Check this out.

I think you might be referring to something like Couchsurfing - where you stay with other people.

Lifey

Default Lot's of photo's.

Hello beginnhe. Take a look at the RTA Photoshare where you will find many photo's. You should also use the forums to search for info and as you like photo's, the Roadtrip Field reports section.