1. Default 7 day road trip from San Diego to Grand Canyon

Hello...I am planning a 7 day road trip early November in one of those Juicy camper vans from San Diego to Grand Canyon. I am planning on leaving San Diego early am and actually staying the night in Vegas to see a friend. The following morning I will head out. Does anyone know of any unique places to stop along the way from Vegas to the Grand Canyon? I am interested in any historical sites or perhaps off the beaten path places to stay at GC. Are there any unique campgrounds to stay? I am aware it will be off season during this time. I am open to other suggestions and locations to visit as well.

Thank you

Joplin MO

Welcome to RTA!

What you can do is take old Route 66 from Kingman to Seligman instead of I-40.

I'd recommend you attempt to make a reservation at the Mather Campground inside the park. If they are full, there is a RV park in Tusayan and also RV facilities at the Cameron Trading Post.

On your way back to SD, you may want to go via Sedona, Jerome, and Prescott instead of just taking the Interstates if you have more than one day available for the drive.

South of England.

Default Monument valley.

You should also consider a night in, or near to Monument Valley. If you went there from the Grand canyon you could enter the GC via the east entrance and follow the path of the Colorado River while watching the views develop along the way to the main canyon. At the rim you also have the Trailer village with hook ups and it could be quite cold on the rim in November.

If you're going up to Cameron to go in the east entrance to Grand Canyon, which I also recommend, take the loop road through Sunset Crater and Wupatki National Monument. Walk through the lava beds at Sunset and then go through the ruins at Wupatki. It's a thirty-mile loop from and back to Highway 89 on the way up to Cameron from Flagstaff, and well worth seeing. Going into GC via the east entrance gives you the chance to drive to about six overlooks, including Desert View, the one with the stone viewing tower.

5. Default

Thank you so much for the tips