Thread: 2 moms, 4 kids

1. Default 2 moms, 4 kids

My friend and I want to take our kids on an RV trip in ~8-9 days from Birmingham, AL to California (preferably LA, as my daughter only cares that she sees the "Hollywood" sign, haha) and back. I have no idea where to start, as neither of us have ever taken or planned a trip like this before! Any advice would be MUCH appreciated. Kids are ages 5,9,9, and 10....thanks!!

Tucson, AZ

Default All Driving

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

With only eight days you can literally do no more than drive all the way to Los Angeles, take a picture of the HOLLYWOOD sign, and hop back in the RV and drive all the way home. That's it! It's likely that even with nine days, your 'extra' time would be eaten up by the slower nature of RVs, the time needed to set up camp every night and get back on the road in the morning, and the additional time required by more numerous and longer rest breaks. Sorry, but you need to find either more time, a destination considerably closer to home, or both.

Joplin MO

Why not fly to LA, get hotel rooms and rent a car for a couple days to see LA - then rent a RV and see some more of the southwest? LA is not particularly friendly for RV's but there are a bunch of natural wonders within a day or two's drive out of LA.