Default driving from Seattle to Los Angeles via San Francisco

My husband and I are planning a trip September 2016. We will be finishing our cruise in Vancouver. We are thinking of doing a roadtrip from Seattle to Los Angeles via San Francisco.

Any suggestions?

Like how long it would take and what are the places of interest along the way.

Any information/suggestions given is much appreciated.

Last edited by RoadTripper Jo; 09-20-2015 at 10:09 PM.

Green County, Wisconsin

Welcome back to the RTA Forum!

The number of "places of interest" along the west coast of the US could fill a book - in fact, it's has filled hundreds of books! The coastal drive alone is legendary, and that doesn't even factor in the dozen or so National Park that you can find between Seattle and Los Angeles.

You could drive from Seattle to Los Angeles in as little as 2 days. You could also spend 2 months and not see everything.

My suggestion is that you spend a little time focusing in on what places are priorities for you, What things are your personal "must sees," and realistically, how much time you'll have available for this trip.

Depending upon how much time you have available, you might also consider a loop trip, seeing things along the coast one day, and the many inland attractions the other.

Once you have some information to give us, we'll be in a much better position to provide helpful suggestions.