1. Default Road trip from Los Angeles to Miami

Hi there,

I'm looking for a great experience in the US, I'll be visiting the states on vacations with three more friends, and we would like to know the best route and places to go from Los Angeles to Miami, we only have 1 week and a half early days of January. I will appreciate your advice so we can enjoy our time. We love the beach, small towns, exotic places and adventure activities.

Tucson, AZ

Default Your First Big Decision

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

There are a pair of fairly different basic routes that you could cover in about five driving days. One would be the 'southern' route: I-10/I-75/Florida Turnpike/I-95 through Phoenix, El Paso, Houston and New Orleans; and the other would be the 'northern' route: I-15/I-40/US-78/US-280/US-82/I-75/Florida Turnpike/I-95 through Albuquerque, Oklahoma City, Memphis and Birmingham. So your first order of business is to get a good set of maps or an atlas and examine those two basic routes to see which one most appeals to you and your traveling companions. Either will meet your requirements for "beach, small towns, exotic places and adventure activities." By sticking more or less to either one you will be able to split your time relatively equally between driving and sight-seeing, and that's a pace that you can keep up practically forever and still make great memories.

Last edited by AZBuck; 09-02-2015 at 11:56 AM.