1. Default my epic check it watt chew think

D1
    st louis from roch ny 12.5 hr drive leave at 3 am (I'm a morning person) do arch n hardrock stay at drury inn.
    D2
    Denver 12 hr drive leaving 7am(mama need her free breakfast)
    D3
    Mt evans n hard rock denver night in denver.
    D4
    Get breakfast Lol .off to pitch a tent in moab . Tour arches np.
    D5
    Stop by page az antilope canyon And horse shoe stay in flagstaff
    D6
    Grand canyon day night at havasu parkinlot
    D7 n 8
    Havasu falls
    D9, 10 n 11
    Lost bagage (las vegas) my bros house
    D12
    Day at zion night at bryce
    D13
    Am in bryce night in salt lake
    D14
    Thru grand teton to canyon village campground yellowstone. arrive around 4er 5:00 hopefuly time enough to check out the canyon thru sun set
    D15
    Grand loop. madison, ol faithful area.
    2nd night at campground. Uncle toms trail.
    D16
    Mount rushmore
    D17
    Chicago
    D18
    Leave chicago around 2pm to arrive in roch around midnight.

Can't wait to take my family on this trip. Kinda like to know what yall think . Lil bit o driben but feel it will be worth it.

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

I can tell you your drive time estimates, while likely taken from online mapping programs, are utter fantasy. That's lead you to create several driving days that way too far to even be safe, and thus will be putting you, your family, and everyone else on the road in danger.

It's frankly hard to read most of your post, so I won't get into too many details beyond that, but I'd strongly recommend you scale back things significantly if you want to have a safe and enjoyable trip.

Default We Can't Help You with These Plans

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

Sorry, but it doesn't matter if you're a morning person. You are still human and 815 miles cannot be driven in 12½ hours, or even a day. That's at least 15 hours of hard driving once you account for the necessary fuel, food, and rest stops as well as the inevitable traffic, toll and construction slow-downs. It's also a full one-third more than is legally permissible by professional long-haul drivers. You simply should not even have given that idea a second thought, let alone seen it as a viable option.

Then you plan to get up the next morning (late!) and drive another 850 miles to Denver?!?!?!! No, NO, NO!!! There simply is no point in reviewing your itinerary any further. This plan is nothing more than an outline for how to commit suicide (if you're lucky) and/or murder (if you're not) by car.

AZBuck

4. Default

Great thanks.(pardon my slang). I know its a lot of drive time. My wife an I fell alternating every 4hrs of driving will be a safe option. The days with the most driving are straight driving days. (Home to st louis, St louis to denver,rushmore to chicago, chicago to home. )

Default I'm Sorry, But...

No, switching off every four hours while trying to drive over 1650 miles in two days is NOT a "safe option." Again, this plan cannot end well. Even if you manage somehow to pull it off without killing yourselves or others, you will be tired, cranky, and in no mood or physical shape to begin a vacation. We cannot emphasize enough what a bad idea this is, and yet you persist. You see why we don't think we can help you.

AZBuck

6. Default

Ok guys .thanks again. The longest day trip I've made myself was 10hrs. I'm going off a trip my father took my brother an I on when we were young teens. Left naples ny 3am and accualy made it to kansas city that night. The next day we were in denver at 5 pm. He must be an animal of a drive. I thought thats what it was all about. Work hard play hard. The days following are farly layed back in comparison.lol

No, what your father did wasn't work hard play hard, it was incredibly foolish and dangerous. There's just no getting around it. If you go back far enough, drinking and driving was common place too, and that was also just considered work hard, play hard too.

Make no mistake, what you are proposing is every bit as dangerous as drinking and driving - the studies, the stats, and the science all show that fatigue is every bit a big of killer as alcohol. If you wouldn't drink before getting in the car with your family, then don't move forward with your current, extremely reckless, plan.

D1
    st louis from roch ny 12.5 hr drive leave at 3 am (I'm a morning person) do arch n hardrock stay at drury inn.
    D2
    Denver 12 hr drive leaving 7am(mama need her free breakfast)
    D3
    Mt evans n hard rock denver night in denver.
    D4
    Get breakfast Lol .off to pitch a tent in moab . Tour arches np.
    A few years back, we did this route. As has been said above, it's NOT something you're going to do in 4 days.

Rochester to St Louis is 810 miles. We did that in 2 days, but you might be able to do it in a day (600 miles) and a portion of a 2nd day. Spend your first night just west of Indianapolis, perhaps at exit 66 where there are a bunch of motels! Then move on to St Louis, see the Arch, and then move on to Kansas City (stay on the west side). The third day, move into Denver, and on the 4th day, you will get to Moab and Arches NP.

D14
    Thru grand teton to canyon village campground yellowstone. arrive around 4er 5:00 hopefuly time enough to check out the canyon thru sun set
    D15
    Grand loop. madison, ol faithful area.
    2nd night at campground. Uncle toms trail.
    Why not save this part of your trip for another one? That way you can see more of the Utah things without being on a major racetrack.

Donna

Default The unseen enemy.

You need to think of this trip in athletic terms. A marathon runner who wants to do well, does not spend all his/her energy in the first 6 miles, but paces carefully so that the course is successfully completed.

Similarly with your trip, you need to pace yourself at a comfortable pace, or at least a safe pace. Sitting in a car for long hours is tiring, very tiring, even if you are not driving. Besides, you should be there, alert, while your wife is driving, to ensure the fatigue does not get to her. Fatigue is an insidious condition, it creeps up on you without your knowledge. By the time you 'feel' it you are already way beyond being safe on the road. It can take days to get over. By the time you get to Denver you will be so caught up in its grip, you may not be able to have the enjoyable time you plan.

That is of course if you get there without incident.

Lifey

10. Default

Hay I like that idea. Totaly over looked the hard rock in indianapolis. Plus one other mod so we can injoy ourselfs and not kill ourselfs is sioux fall between rushmore and chicago there's a hard rock Hotel there. Its funny how the new revision worked out . A couple days longer but we can dig it. Almost like it was ment to be. Thanks guys. Feel free to beat me up a boat any other life threating decisions I have made.