1. Default Late Oct trip from San Fran to Sioux Falls SD

I'm retiring and moving from about 25 mi east of San Francisco to Sioix Falls SD. I'm just taking my car and whatever I can get in it. May stop a day or two in Monument CO ( near Colo Springs) to visit relatives and for a break.

1. I assume best route is 80 to Cheyenne and then down?
    2. Then what route is best to Sioux Falls from Monument!
    3. What is weather like that time of year?
    4. I'm thinking two days to Monument and a long one day drive to Sioux Falls.
    5. Goal is to be in Sioux Falls roughly by Nov 2 give or take a day or two.
    6. Other considerations or ideas?

South of England.

Default Unpredictable weather.

Hello and welcome to RTA !

There is never one 'best' route just choices based on time and interests and in some cases weather and to answer your question about that, there is just no way of knowing what the weather will do at the exact time you travel until a couple of days before you depart and while on the road. You could see anything from warm sunshine to snow and ice in late October. Going via I80 looks to be the quickest route, but over 2 days and the weather being kind, for me 'best' would equal US50 and I70 if I was going to Monument first. It's not much longer in time but the scenery would make it worth it imo.

From Monument you will have a long day on the road to Sioux falls and the quickest route will be the best option. That looks to be getting on I76 from Denver to I80/US83/SD44/US81/SD42, but there are other options and another member familiar with those road may offer an alternative route.

Melbourne, Australia

Default It's on your maps.

Before you set out, make sure you have good paper maps. I would have to agree with Dave, US 50 and I-70 into Colorado is a wonderful drive - if you have never done it before. From thereon the maps will show you just how many options you have available to get to Sioux Falls, depending on the time available. Maps will also show you which are the scenic routes, for a more memorable drive.

Have a safe trip.