1. Default sight seeing Charlotte,North Carolina to San Diego california 10 days latSpring 2016

Time is on our side. Interesting places,National Parks monuments historical sites,. Then from San Diego take Pacific Coat Highway to San Francisco.Some stops o also on the way to San Fran to vineyards.

Southern California

Welcome to RTA!

Ten days....well, it will take you 5-6 days to cross the country from NC to San Diego without any sightseeing, and then another couple of days to get up to San Francisco. So that's 7-8 days of your ten. Time may not be as much on your side as you think.

We recommend driving 500-600 miles in one day, then stop overnight, no more than that. (Commercial drivers are only allowed 600 miles or 10 hours, whichever comes first.) When you're on the Pacific Coast Highway, you'll want to take time to stop at the overlooks. Since you're heading north, and all of the scenic stops are on the ocean side, you'll have to wait for traffic to pull into/out of the overlooks, which will add time, and it's a 2-3 day drive anyway - not an interstate-speed highway! (I will recommend that you take I-15 from San Diego, up to CA-60, to CA-57 north, to I-210, to CA-118, and take that all the way out to the PCH. Another route would be I-5 to I-405 to CA-118 to the PCH, but you will have traffic issues on both the 5 and the 405, especially at the junction of 405 and US-101. That junction is notoriously tied up for hours.)

National'll have to pick one...Great Smoky Mountain in TN, Grand Canyon National Park, Petrified Forest National Park. There's Elvis Presley's home in Memphis, plus any number of music sites in Nashville. The list is endless, and you'll have time to pick one or two.

Between San Diego (where I'm at) and San Francisco, along the PCH is Solvang, a quaint little town. Hearst Castle. A good overnight place is in Cambria.