My name is Ana and I'm new in this big and wonderful country. As I don't know how much time I'll be living in the US I want to make as many road trips as I can. The first one I want to do is from Chicago to New Orleans, the stops I've thought about are the followings:
Chicago - Indianapolis - Louisville - Nashville - Birmingham - Jackson - New Orleans.
I know it's not the typical route but I really want to do it. Could you please help me by answering some questions I have regarding the journey? I plan to stay one day in each city except for Nashville and New Orleans, which I think I'll be staying like 3 days on each one.
- Do you have any tips on when in the fall should I start my trip?
- Any tips on rental car businesses?
- Any oddities or interesting non-turistic things I should visit?
- Any tips on typical restaurants on the road?
- Any event I should attend?
All tips and comments will be more than welcomed, I'm very excited for this trip!