1. Default Need Advice on Trip to Yosemite, Sequoia and Lake Tahoe

Can someone tell me if it's realistic to fly to Reno on Thursday and drive to Lake Tahoe, Yosemite and Sequoia National Park and fly back out on Sunday from LAX? Is this going to be a rushed trip? We don't have a lot of time and these are the 3 places we went to go. Thank you!
    Last edited by winnieshell; 07-28-2015 at 07:28 AM.

Tucson, AZ

Default Possible, But What's the Point?

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

Yes, it would be possible (just) to make the drive from Las Vegas through Sequoia NP, Yosemite NP, and past Lake Tahoe to Reno all in two days. But that's literally all you'd have time for. By the time you factored in the delays caused by the slow traffic in the parks, especially on the weekend, you'd maybe have time to get out for a quick snapshot with which to remember your 'visit' to these great national treasures. You would have no time to hike the trails and enjoy the tranquility that are their entire reason for being. t just doesn't seem worth the time, effort, or money to me.

I see where you plan to fly into Reno and out from LAX. That saves you a few miles from my original read of your trip as being Las Vegas to Reno, but not enough to make a meaningful difference in my advice. What little you save in driving time will be eaten up by getting to LAX and dealing with the headaches of that airport. The cost/benefit ratio is just too high to make this trip worthwhile.

Last edited by AZBuck; 07-28-2015 at 09:42 AM.

Melbourne, Australia

Default The stress of it all.

Would have to agree - what's the point?

You'd be on such a tight schedule that even a flat tyre could throw the whole thing off, and miss your flight. Besides, getting to return the car at a rental place near LAX (none are actually at LAX), and then waiting to be taken to the airport, and all this on top of the stress of driving through LA just to get there would possibly erase any magic memories of the wonderful places through which you had to hurry.

Believe me, been there, done that.