1. Default hikes along I-70

Looking for some beautiful hikes along I-70 in Colorado. One I had in mind was Hanging Falls near Glenwood Springs. I'm feeling a little discouraged as we won't get there until 3-ish. Would it be too busy, too hot on a Tues in August? Would my mom (age 66, not a hiker) be able to handle it? Are there any other more manageable scenic hikes along I-70 between Denver and Grand Junction you would recommend?

Melbourne, Australia

Default Local resources.

If you were to call in at the visitor centre, as you enter CO, they would probably be able to tell you. Otherwise the first Rantger's office to which you come will definitely be able to tell you every little detail about that area and the falls.

Tucson, AZ

Default National Forest Day Hiking

For most of your drive between Denver and Grand Junction you will be in national forest lands. The US National Forest system is set up to be multi-use, offering something for everybody even grandparents like myself. There are three major forests national forests on your route, each of which offers day hikes of varying degrees of difficulty: Arapaho, White River, and Grand Mesa.