1. Default paso robles ca to southern Illinois.

I recently hauled a camero out to my brother from illinois to paso robles, I have to haul a jeep back on a car tailor. on the way here we went mo, ok, tx, nm, az, ca on 44 and 40, we were wanting a different way back if possible were thinking 15 and 70 but worried about the trailor through colordao. we also plan to stop at camp sites on the way back vs hotels. any advise on the best route? not opposed to the same route we took coming if we have too but just seeing the best options with hauling the tailor and such.

Green County, Wisconsin

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

I70 is certainly going to be a more challenging route for towing. It takes you across the heart of the rockies and over 10k feet. Having said that, it is a route used by thousands of trucks every day, and like all interstates, its designed with minimum grades and curves. If you've got a strong towing set up, you shouldn't have problems. I15 and I70 are among the most scenic freeways in the world, although both that route and the I40 based route you previously took should have plenty of camping options.