1. Default Looking for advise on camping temperatures

Hi all!

Planing my first camping road trip through California Arizona Utah and Colorado in early July. Considering camping in Lake Tahoe, Bryce Canyon, Zion National Park, The wave and Horseshoe bend Arizona. My question is concerning the weather, I have never been to these parts and was wondering how hot is too hot? At what day time temperatures camping and hiking under the sun becomes not fun? what are the max night time temperatures?

So far the plan is for 2 weeks, and I can afford to stay in a hotel/motel if it becomes unbearable but would prefer mostly camping trip. Any tips advise on camping and places to see will be very appreciated!

Southern California

Welcome to RTA!

While we definitely are not weather forecasters, we can give you general experience with the areas mentioned. All of those should give you fairly comfortable nights for sleeping. Lake Tahoe should have reasonable daytime temperatures. Zion, however, can get hot during the day. We were there one August, and because of the heat, chose to do our hiking early in the day. Even then, Weeping Wall felt pretty good when we got there.

I will leave others to talk about the other ones, as it's been too long since I've been to them.