1. Default San Francisco to Denver

Hi, I've been planning a trip for a while and came up with this one http://bit.ly/1eLhXxS Its a google map of the route I've come up with. I only have five days to complete it which is why I don't have many sites to visit. My question is, if there is anything "un missable" I would greatly appreciate feedback. I know its subjective so I'm mainly interested in beautiful landscapes and anything unique. Not so much into kitch but I do appreciate landmarks of historical/scientific value or one of a kind events. basically if anyone has been anywhere along the route and seen or experienced anything amazing that is not commonly found on the internet or guidebooks, that's what i'm looking for.

Looking briefly at your map, it appears that you have bypassed Black Canyon of the Gunnison and the Million Dollar Highway (US-580) in Colorado.

One very important thing is to always use paper maps for planning. They are far more detailed than a map on a small 15" screen.

Donna

Million Dollar Highway (US-580)
    You mean US-550.

Letting us know why you have chosen the route you have would help us understand what you are looking for as 'unmissable'. For me, beautiful landscapes would take me along I70 [with a detour over Loveland pass] and into Southern Utah, across Death valley and through Yosemite. No you won't have a lot of free time for sight seeing, but what an amazing drive with time to get out and enjoy some views. Your first stop could be Arches NP and then if the Grand canyon is a 'must' for you, drive down through Monument valley to it. You could choose to continue through Utah towards Zion NP and then across to Yosemite. As mentioned by Donna, you could take US50 to US550 [Million dollar highway] to Durango and Four corners, Monument valley and GC etc. So you have a lot of great choices but it's what appeals to you that matters.

Dave, I think the trip is from SF to Denver.

Default You're right.

Ooops! Best reverse everything.

Dave.