1. Default Indianapolis to Orlando any great tips

We are planning a trip with 3 young boys to Orlando from Indianapolis and would really appreciate any advice tips on good routes, places to see on the way and to stay over. We plan 2 days there and back. Also any tips on areas to stay near the beach to break up the parks!
    We will also have my in laws traveling with us. Appreciate any advice that you have. Thanks

Green County, Wisconsin

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

The straightforward route is to head down through Nashville and Atlanta, with Atlanta being the halfway point. Both cities, of course, have plenty to do, that could be included in your trip. You'll also drive right past Mammoth Cave NP, if you haven't been there before. And when you arrive in Florida, make sure to stop at the Welcome Center to get more ideas for your stay in Florida - and get some free Juice!

2 Days is a nice amount of time for the trip, but you'll have to be on the road for 8-9 hours each day, so you don't have a ton of time to stop and explore, but you should be able to take several nice breaks.

If you want a different route for the return trip, you could take I-95 up into South Carolina, then use I-26/I-40/I-75 to return via Columbia, Knoxville, and Cincinnati. Detours off that route would take you past Great Smokey Mountains and Cumberland Gap National Parks.

You could also go up through Alabama, using I-10 to US-231 to I-65, up through Dothan, Montgomery, Birmingham, and near Huntsville - home of "Space Camp."

Speaking of space, What are your beach plans? The closest beaches to Orlando would be along the Space Coast - and that would make sense if you also wanted to spend a day at the Kennedy Space Center. Although, you could also look at the Gulf Coast, perhaps around Clearwater, which is a bit farther away.