1. Default Roadtrip from Salinas to LA

Hi everyone,

I'm planning a road trip in California next June and Ill be travelling from Monterey to LA.
    I Have 2 full days in between the to cities.
    What do you recommend ? Must see or do ? Approximate time that I should stay at each place?

Thank you so much for your help
    Last edited by rosie2015; 05-28-2015 at 08:11 PM.

Southern California

If you have 2 days, then you might enjoy the PCH (CA-1) southbound. It goes along the coast. Overnight would be approximately at Cambria or Morro Bay.

Though we do not do "must sees" here on RTA, folks have often recommended Big Sur, San Simeon/Hearst Castle, and the many beaches and scenic pullouts which would be on your side of the road. Once in San Luis Obispo, if you like history (religious history in particular), the Mission San Luis Obispo de Tolosa has a museum. It's one of Father Junipero Serra's many missions along the old road. Another is the community of Solvang.

You won't have time to putter around for long periods of time, except perhaps to take the tour of Hearst Castle, but you can stop for an hour here and an hour there. If you are taking this trip in June, and have to stay overnight on a weekend (Fri or Sat night), I highly recommend getting motel reservations in Cambria or Morro Bay.