1. Default new user needs help planning trip

I am planning a 7-8 day trip in October to visit the Arches, Bryce, Zion & any other interesting places. Should I begin the trip in Salt Lake City or Las Vegas, I begin & end in the same city. I would appreciate suggestions on no stress scenic routes,points of interest, places to stay & eat, also off the beaten path must see. Thank you

South of England.

Default Vegas loop.

Hello and welcome to RTA !

Either city would work, but Las Vegas will most likely offer the better fares and you could create a nice loop trip and get to visit the Grand canyon. From Vegas head north on I5 to Zion. From Zion the drive through the Mt Carmel tunnel and on to Bryce is very scenic, as are most of the roads in these parts. You could then head south through Page, possibly stop and visit nearby Lake Powell or Antelope canyon, before heading to the south rim of Grand canyon NP. (Between Page and GC you also have the option of detouring to Monument valley] You would then head back to Vegas via the route 66 towns of Williams and Kingman and take 66 through Seligman between the two if you would like to. Then up to the Hoover dam and back into Vegas.