1. Default Road Trip from New York to New Orleans, LA

Hello all,
    Late June I will be driving from New York to New Orleans. I was wondering if anyone did this trip before (or something like it) if so any tips?
    I will be driving as it stands by myself and would like to get to New Orleans by July 1st.

Southern California

Welcome to RTA!

The regulars here are all very-well-traveled individuals with experiences of many different types. We may not have done exactly the same routes, but something like it, yes.

New York (I "assumed" NYC) to New Orleans by the fastest route is about 1300 miles. As a solo driver, I would recommend that you do it in three days. You can divide them up evenly, around 435 miles per day, or do two days of 500 and a day of 300. If you are taking the interstates, these would be days of 9 or 10 hours on the road (which takes into account stops for gasoline, food, pit stops, and stretch breaks). Choose music you love. Take a walk when you stop, to clear the brain.

The route that I was looking at includes I-78 to I-81, then I-75,I-24 and I-59. My husband and I enjoyed our drives along I-81. If you haven't already done so, and you can allocate another 5 hours in a day, you could drive the Skyline drive from Front Royal to Waynesboro, VA. But it does add time!