1. Default Arizona to Iowa scenic trip

We live in Iowa and are moving our daughter to Arizona in June. On the drive back to Iowa we would like to take some time to see some sites between Arizona and Iowa. Any advice as to routes and scenic or historic stops?

Green County, Wisconsin

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

Well, between "Iowa" and "Arizona" there are more than a dozen National Parks and no shortage of Historic Sites, including the sites that were along Historic Route 66.

However, until you give us some idea of how much time you have, and what things you've come up with things you know are must sees for you, and a better idea of your starting/ending points than two very large states, it's going to be nearly impossible to narrow anything down more specifically.

3. Default

We will have about 5 or 6 days to travel back to northwest Iowa. We will be leaving from Scottsdale Arizona and have seen most of Arizona already including the Grand Canyon. We were thinking of driving up through part of Utah and Colorado. We would like to see some of the national parks in Utah.We have been to Rocky Mountain National Park in Colorado and the Royal Gorge so wouldn't need to see them again.

Joplin MO

Well, you could take I-17 to Flagstaff, then US-89 up into Utah and see Zion and Bryce Canyon, then take Scenic 12 to Capitol Reef, then UT-24 to I-70 to US-191 to Moab to see Arches and Canyonlands. Then UT-128 to I-70 through Colorado to Denver, I-76 and I-80 back to Iowa. You may not have time to see everything mentioned, you will have to pick and choose.