1. Default Savannah to maine and back again east coast late july - early september

I'm planning a road trip from Savannah, GA at the end of July. I want to travel up the east coast and then follow a close route to the Appalachian Trail on the way home. Looking for advice, places to see, and detours to make. Hoping to camp three days or so a week and be in hotels or hostels the rest. I work from my laptop, so internet access at least four days a week is a must. Wanting to be on the road for about a month and a half.

Thank you!

Southern California

Welcome to RTA!

Much of Shenandoah National Park's Skyline Drive (Virginia, between Front Royal and Waynesboro) parallels the Appalachian Trail. You can actually park your vehicle at numerous viewpoint parking areas and take a hike down or up the Trail as much as you'd like. The Blue Ridge Parkway also parallels it for a bit, and the Trail will cross that highway as well.

There are 4 campgrounds in the national park, one of them right beside the visitor center at Big Meadows. Here's information about them.

Tucson, AZ

Default First, Your General Options

This is a RoadTrip that comes up from time to time here. I have previously described some basic routes and ideas for things to see on both the coastal route and a more inland route here. If after reading through those descriptions you have any questions, general or specific, I'll try to be of help. But that's where I'd start.