1. Default Roadtrip advise from New York to New York

Hello Readers,

We are a family of 4, planning to go to USA in Jun-Jul this year. We will be driving a RV and will start our trip from New York. We have 5 weeks and would like to cover US as much possible. Our return flight is also from New York.

Considering we have kids, I want to make sure the trip is not too tiring for them and at the same time would like to cover at least the main spots.

I want to cover New York, Disneyland, New Orleans, Las Vegas, Yellow stone, some of the national parks, San Francisco.

Would appreciate if you all can help me in planning this trip in the best possile way.

Green County, Wisconsin

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

When you're talking about a country as large as the US, it really is impossible to have a best way to cover the trip, or even a list of "main spots." All you do is look for what you think will be most interesting, and make the most of the time you have available. 5 weeks is a great amount of time for a trip, but even 5 years wouldn't be enough to see everything.

I will say with what you did list as your places that you want to go, nearly all of them are in the west, and it might be a better use of your time to explore NY, then fly out west, and do a loop in an RV from there. Driving coast to coast takes at least a week, each way, in an RV - so it certainly is possible to do a loop of the entire US in 5 weeks, but if you stick to the west, you would have more time to explore, and less time just covering miles.