I'm planning to move from Cincinnati,OH to Riverside,CA during the July 4th weekend. The route is approximately 2200 miles and I expect it will take me 3 days to do it. I am planning to drive for about 12 hours every day (7am - 7pm). The route suggested by Google Maps is fairly straightforward (I-70 -> I-44 -> I-40 -> I-15). My questions are:
1. Is 12 hours of driving a day doable for a single driver?
2. What are some good suggestions for waypoints where I can find a decent hotel/lodge for the night?
3. Are there any websites that will do this kind of planning for me, viz. take my inputs for a 12 hour driving day and figure out where I will be by the night time and suggest lodges/hotels?
4. Are there certain states where gas is much more expensive, so I should plan ahead for filling up before I enter those states?
5. Is the entire trip practical? If I plan to start from Ohio on Friday 07/03 morning around 7am, is it reasonable for me to expect to reach Riverside,CA by the evening on Sunday 07/05?
6. Are there cities/places on this route where I need to be mindful of bad traffic conditions or major detours/construction?
Thanks in advance for any advice/tips/suggestions.