1. Default Road trip from New York to ?

Hi. I'm from South Africa & I'm coming to the USA in July. I'ld like to plan a road trip from New York to ? for about 7 days. Can anyone assist me with ideas for destination & route? Must-sees? Etc?

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

The "where should I go" question is really one of the most difficult questions we get here - and it's even more difficult when we have no idea about what you might be interested in. The only "must sees" here are the things that are must see to you, and without at least a basic idea of what you are interested in - and that includes a basic idea of where you might want to go - it's hard for anyone else to give you much for good suggestions.

So, your first step is to do a little homework about what you might like. A good map is a great place to get started, as you can really see what your options are. Of course, there are also lots of tools all to get more ideas throughout the RTA website. Once you have a better idea of what it is you are looking for, we'll have a better idea of what you might like.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Michael View Post
    Welcome to the RTA Forum!

The "where should I go" question is really one of the most difficult questions we get here - and it's even more difficult when we have no idea about what you might be interested in. The only "must sees" here are the things that are must see to you, and without at least a basic idea of what you are interested in - and that includes a basic idea of where you might want to go - it's hard for anyone else to give you much for good suggestions.

So, your first step is to do a little homework about what you might like. A good map is a great place to get started, as you can really see what your options are. Of course, there are also lots of tools all to get more ideas throughout the RTA website. Once you have a better idea of what it is you are looking for, we'll have a better idea of what you might like.
    Hi Michael

Thanks! How long will it take to go from New York to New Orleans?

If you just want to get there, it's 2.5 days on the road via fastest route with no sightseeing or diversions.

5. Default

Ok, I've got 7 days. Can you suggest a scenic route?