1. Default 3 weeks road trip from Los angeles to Vancouver and back.

Me and my wife with my grand children(twins age 13) planning a 3 weeks trip this summer to Vancouver and back,
    Coastal trip to Vancouver and inland back,any suggestions?

Other than have lots of fun? And, which Vancouver?

What are you asking? what route? What would be of interest to 13 year old?

Redwoods would be on my list.

Melbourne, Australia

Default Focusing on the children.

Hi and Welcome to the Great American Roadtrip Forum.

As asked above, which Vancouver. If it is BC, are passports in order. A notarised letter from the parents should also be carried. When I have taken my grandchildren out of country, I have always been given one by their parents, though only once was I asked for it.

Do you have detailed maps of the States involved? If you are a member of AAA you can go get maps there, or you may prefer a road atlas such as the Rand McNally. You will see all your options for attractions and scenic routes on these maps. Pick out the ones which interest you most and join the dots to see a route develop.

This is also a great opportunity to teach the young ones about the value of travelling with good maps, the big picture it gives you and all the detail, none of which is available within the confines of a little screen.

One thing you could do to make this trip memorable to the twins is to get them to write a daily journal. Before bed each night they could write up the most memorable parts of the day. This can then be illustrated with bits and pieces and photos. Of course it works best if you are writing one too.

Joplin MO

Welcome to RTA!

I'd recommend inland going north and coast going south, so the scenic pullouts are on your side of the road along the coast.

If you are going to Vancouver Canada, you will need passports and notarized permission from the parents to cross the border with minors that are not your children.