I am new to the forum and hope to receive some advice from you!
We are a family from The Netherlands. Together with my husband and a baby of 14 months we will be making a RV trip since 26th May. Start and end is in Salt Lake City, we have rented C25 of Cruise America for 21 days.
We have prepared 2 possible routes. In general the core plan is to go south east towards Moab and further towards Mesa Verde. Then starts the dilemma how to proceed. I paste the ideas below.
1) if the option 1 will not get too long (min 2500 km)
2) if the option 2 is not too monotonous. Though, we would love to see Grand Canyon which is only in option 2 (I know that sooner or later we will visit it, doesn't need to be this year), but we also love the Rocky mountains and the bigger diversity of landscapes of option 1).
3) weather - will it not get too warm in option 2?
4) do you have any suggestions if it doesn't make sense to visit some of these places with a baby?
5) do you have any suggestions what else to visit? we like historical places, ghost towns, some pioneer trails/towns related attractions, gunslingers ;), Indians...
I will also add that we have some experience in travelling by RV in US/Canada, only not with a baby.
Thank you in advance for your tips!