Default San Francisco to ? NorCal

I haven't been on here for a while! But am wondering if anybody has a link to a 5-6 day trip from San Francisco going north, but needing to fly out of SFO again. I'm open to any ideas! We do like hiking (keeping it mellow & below 5 miles for this trip), sightseeing, not really wine people!

I've just started looking into this trip so it's not a definite but I've scribbled down a few things...
    Start SFO - Point Reyes Seashore - Mendocino - Ave. of Giants/Humboldt - Eureka - Redwood NP - Cresent City - stop somewhere then SFO

Not even sure 5-6 days is enough for the above or if it's too much. We've not been past SF before.

Any help to get us started would be great!

Joplin MO

You should have plenty of time to take CA-1 and US-101 up the coast to Crescent City, then US-199 to Grants Pass, then I-5 back to SF. However, you may want to think about reversing the direction so the scenic turnouts along the coast will be on your side of the road.

South of England.

I agree with glc, drive north on I5 and then meander back down the coast with the Ocean on your side of the road, it will make a lovely little road trip.

Tucson, AZ

Default Sounds Familiar

My wife and I made a similar trip a couple of years ago. Have a look at our RoadTrip Report for our experiences and maybe the odd idea or two.

Thanks guys. Quick q - this trip would be mid-November, does Grants Pass close (like Tioga) or will it be open (unless storm comes in). Or does this road not actually go up over a pass!

Green County, Wisconsin

Grants Pass is a town, but there are several mountain passes in the area, most notably Siskiyou Pass. However, I-5 is a major freeway that is open all year, except when severe weather makes the road impassible. US-199 is also a year round road.