1. Default Vegas to Newport Rhode Island

BFF & I will be driving with a 4yr old boy and a small dog from Vegas to Rhode Island starting this Thursday 4/30. They were on more of a deadline and did RI to NV in 4 days. Going home we will have more time 5 to 6 days maybe 7 so looking for areas that would be good for stopping along the way. Haven't decided if we will take the southern route traveling I40 thru AZ, NM. TX, OK, AR and TN. I81 once we get into Tennessee. or the northern route, thru UT, CO, NE, IO, IL, IN, OH & PA. We are move familiar with the east coast as we get closer to home. Would like to see some of the old RT 66 and anything else we shouldn't miss while out this way. Any suggestions? Thanks for the help.

Southern California

Welcome to RTA!

If you want to do the old 66, what little is left of it, you'll be going I-40 and I-44, then I-55 up to the Chicago area. There are a few places along that route where you can find remnants of old 66. At Kingman AZ, take off east on AZ-66 to Peach Springs, and then it will drop you off at I-40 again just past Seligman. In Holbrook, AZ, you can get off the freeway and check out some of the old 66 sites, including the Wigwam Motel. Petrified Forest National Park is just past Holbrook, right on I-40.

Melbourne, Australia

Default Can't do it without maps.

As well as the above, have a good look at your road atlas, or your maps, and you will get a very good picture of what attractions there are along any route you choose. They are all there on good maps, natural, historical, touristy, even scenic routes are highlighted.