Default Looking for advice - 3 week road trip in 2 weeks

I'm off on my first road trip in 2 weeks and i was hoping to pick up some advice / tips. I start and finish in Las Vegas & i'm planning to head out to the GC, Monument valley and onwards to see family in Denver for a few days. After that I'm hoping to head towards Mount Rushmore, then possibly Devils Tower and on to Yellowstone, then back to LV via Zion.
    If anyone can recommend any good RV/ campsites and any places that its worth stopping by.
    I'm hoping to do plenty of hiking and maybe some horse riding if I can find somewhere.
    I've hired a campervan and bboked a site near Zion, but I've seen that most sites don't take bookings before Memorial Day. Is this true ? I'm trying to find a site near the GC, but most seem to be first come first served basis.
    Any help is gratefully recieved.

South of England.

Default National park campgrounds.

Welcome to RTA.

Have you checked out the site for camping info? The Grand canyon has Mather and Trailer village near to the rim, the latter has hook ups, As you exit the canyon to the east there is the Cameron trading post which has an RV park. It has a nice restaruant and shops but the RV park is basic although ideal as a stopover between GC and MV if you have spent the day in the park. Near Denver is Rocky mountain NP and Morraine campground is a good spot to hike around the bear lake area. Yellowstone does not fully open until the end of may and you could see wintry conditions. fishing bridge RV park I think is open but check it out on line. ZIon has the Watchman campground just inside the park and is great as you can get the shuttle from nearby into the canyon area. Bryce canyon is worth visiting and they do horse rides etc around the park, these can be booked at Rubys Inn which also has an RV park.

Southern California

According to the Yellowstone website at, Fishing Bridge RV Park opens on May 8th. Call now to see if you can book!

You said you already booked at Zion? If I misunderstood, and you can't get into any of the campgrounds inside the park, try Zion Canyon Campground and RV. It is literally right on the outside border of Zion Park in Springdale.

As far as Grand Canyon is concerned, it has Mather and the GC Trailer Village, as mentioned by Dave. I just included the link for you. You may have to book this even for May, as the Trailer Village seems to fill quickly at any time of the year!