1. Default Phoenix-las vegas

Anyone who did this roadtrip before have any must stops

Default Depends on.....

Hello and welcome to RTA !

You dont say how long you have for the trip or what your interests are so its hard to give meaningful advice. Red rock country around Sedona, the Grand canyon and Hoover dam are some of the highlights.

Welcome to RTA!

It's about a day's drive to Las Vegas from Phoenix....roughly 6 hours, depending on which route you're taking, and that's without any stops. It would help us give you better recommendations and ideas, if we knew a little more about your trip and what you hope to accomplish and how long you have. On RTA, we don't do "must stops", as one person's "must stop" is another one's "must pass by". Off-hand, I'd throw in the ideas of Sedona, Slide Rock State Park, the Grand Canyon South Rim, and AZ-66 through Peach Springs, but these may or may not appeal to you.

Donna

4. Default

Our trip is three days flying to phoenix going home from las vegas
    Last edited by SONIAPESANTEZ; 04-01-2015 at 08:27 AM.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by DonnaR57 View Post
    Welcome to RTA!

It's about a day's drive to Las Vegas from Phoenix....roughly 6 hours, depending on which route you're taking, and that's without any stops. It would help us give you better recommendations and ideas, if we knew a little more about your trip and what you hope to accomplish and how long you have. On RTA, we don't do "must stops", as one person's "must stop" is another one's "must pass by". Off-hand, I'd throw in the ideas of Sedona, Slide Rock State Park, the Grand Canyon South Rim, and AZ-66 through Peach Springs, but these may or may not appeal to you.

Donna
    Thank you Donna! This site is amazing. We have three full days is a very short trip for so many beautiful places to see. We are traveling with an 11 and 13 yo so I want them to get a random idea of ARIZONA and in the future plan a longer trip. We have three full days so we plan to leave PHOENIX early sat and start driving to Vegas.Never been to Arizona myself but would like to see the GC on the way and if possible the Dessert and Hoover Dam

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Southwest Dave View Post
    Hello and welcome to RTA !

You dont say how long you have for the trip or what your interests are so its hard to give meaningful advice. Red rock country around Sedona, the Grand canyon and Hoover dam are some of the highlights.
    Thank you Dave. I'm so glad I found this website!
    I'm sorry I didn't mentioned the days. We're arriving phoenix friday at mignight and sat morning early planing to start. We want to see the grand canyon briefly and hit to Vegas. we have only sat,sun and monday night going back home from las vegas

With no stops, it's about 4 hours from Phoenix to the Grand Canyon. What I'd probably do is take AZ-179 off of I-17 into Sedona and spend a few hours there, head out via Alt-89 north back to I-17 and Flagstaff, spend the night there or go north on US-89 to the Cameron Trading Post. Next morning, go north on US-89 (south if you are in Cameron) and west on AZ-64 into the Grand Canyon, hit the viewpoints on the way in, park in the village and use the shuttle bus to Hermit's Rest to see more viewpoints. See a sunset over the canyon and head out the south entrance, spend the night in Tusayan or Williams. Next morning, head for Las Vegas. It's about 3.5 hours from Williams to Las Vegas, add an hour from Tusayan. If you have an extra hour, you can take old Route 66 from Seligman to Kingman.