1. Default Road Trip from Atlanta, Georgia to Huntington Beach, California

Hi everybody,

My name is Truc and I'm a newbie. I'm going to plan a road trip from Atlanta, Georgia to Huntington Beach, California with my friend in the summer. I've been looking up some information on the Internet. When I try to define route from Georgia to California on Google Map, here is what it suggested:
    Georgia - Alabama - Mississippi - Louisiana - Texas - New Mexico - Arizona - California. With these routes, any advice or suggestions?

Thank in advance.

Melbourne, Australia

Default So many routes, so many sights from which to choose.

Hi, and Welcome to the Great American Roadtrip Forum.

There are many more routes between Atlanta and Huntington Beach than what Google will show you. You have dozens of routes to choose from, depending on what your interests are and how much time you have for the trip. Neither of which you have told us. This would be a five day trip or four very long days, without sightseeing.

By far the best thing to do right now is for you to get hold of the maps of the States you mention.. AAA is probably the best place, and if you are a member, maps are free. (Or you may prefer to get yourself a good road atlas.) On good maps you will see all the roads and routes, the towns along the way, natural and historical places of interest and touristy attractions. For the planning good maps are invaluable, on the road they are essential.

Sit down with your friend and study the maps and see what there is of interest to both of you, and soon you will see a route develop. These are things you can't do, and won't see within the confines of a small screen.

Enjoy the planning.