1. Default New Jersey to New Orleans in April

Hello to all!
    I'm spanking new to this site, i found this thread on a search for NJ to NO...I also want to take the roadtrip to New Orleans with my hubby. We want to do it in April but as Jared said we also want to see new and interesting places...last year we did a roadtrip to Florida and back, it was so much fun! :) so i'm hoping that this trip is just as fun!! we have been to NO before but we never drove there...I'm hoping you guys can give us some tips and advise on what to see and where to eat and sleep! thank you in advance!!
    Last edited by AZBuck; 03-12-2015 at 09:58 AM.

Default Let's Build a RoadTrip for You

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

I've moved your request to its own discussion, because questions tend to get lost when they're tacked onto the end of a year-old thread. The biggest problem we'll have answering you, though, is that everyone's definition of "interesting" will be different, so it would help if we knew yours. What did you really enjoy about your recent RoadTrip to Florida? What, specifically, are you hoping to see/do on your trip to New Orleans? I can tell you that if you have the time, you can hardly do better for scenic roads than the Skyline Drive, Blue Ridge Parkway, and Natchez Trace Parkway, although April may be a bit early for some of the northern stretches of the two routes along the spine of the Appalachians. Similarly, most folks would want to at least check out Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Nashville, and maybe a few Civil War sites. But, as I said, the more you can let us know what you want, the better we can tailor our advice to your preferences.

AZBuck

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Mariver333 View Post
    Hello to all!
    I'm spanking new to this site, i found this thread on a search for NJ to NO...I also want to take the roadtrip to New Orleans with my hubby. We want to do it in April but as Jared said we also want to see new and interesting places...last year we did a roadtrip to Florida and back, it was so much fun! :) so i'm hoping that this trip is just as fun!! we have been to NO before but we never drove there...I'm hoping you guys can give us some tips and advise on what to see and where to eat and sleep! thank you in advance!!

hi guys,

i am new at this site and i was actually looking for somweone travelling from DC to NOla(and you guys are travelling from NJ and ll be passing DC on your way most likely)we can host you for a few nights(live in uptown on ST Charles-nice area , close to everything!), and in exchnage i ll ask to bring box of my clothes from DC which friend of mine has(its a medium size box and ship it cost 79$), plus if you coming here in April on time for jazz fest-we(me nad my hubby BRian) ll take you to our frends crawfish boil near by Jazz Fest venue!
    let me know what do you think, ll glad to help anyway!!
    Violet
    Last edited by Mark Sedenquist; 03-30-2015 at 02:23 PM. Reason: Please, do not post your e-mail address here!