Hybrid View

Default Maps working on Android?

Is there now or going to be an android app made for this site? Site doesn't work mobile

Default Sometime in the Fall

The short answer is -- Yes, eventually there will be an app that works on Android, iPhone, iPads and about 25 different platforms. We know it doesn't work on mobile platforms -- We wish we were able to offer it now.

Realistically we are about six months away from a true beta roll-out. Some alpha versions will be ready sooner -- but we are targeting a beta roll-out in early Fall, 2015.

edit: Wait -- did you mean the RTA Maps -- or the entire RTA site? We expect to have most of the RTA site more compatible for Android and other mobile platforms by the end of March, this year. Building an app for the RTA Maps is much more complex.

Mark

Thanks Mark
    I meant whole site. Havent even gotten to maps yet. LOL Just go to a computer to take a better look at this site. I am a 98% of the time mobile/app user.
    Kat

Default Always a work in process

The biggest problem with the site for Android is the complexity of the navigation bars. We are working on that issue right now. (The pull-downs can be manipulated by an Android keyboard -- but only with great PATIENCE).

I just picked up my latest Android -- Turbo -- still getting used to how it displays stuff.

Now, the forum is already mobile-active -- are you having issues with that format as well? I personally don't like the mobile version -- but we are working on it too.

Thanks for the input.

Mark

Yes I've ended up going to the full site on my cell and tablet but even that is glitchy at times. You really have to focus on the buttons, at least once I get to post you know I was paying attention lol takes a lot of effort on cell or tablet. Computer however was very simple to navigate forum. ��

Default KISS rule is underway

Yes, we are working on resolving the issues with the navigation to most of the RTA site for both cell and tablet users. In fact, when I leave here -- (this forum) -- my first task will be to work on those issues.

Way, way, way too much effort to use cell phones -- A couple of Mods do when they are away from the office to keep in touch. But we know that it needs to simpler. I will send you an e-mail when the new version is live -- in case you'd like to share your thoughts on it.

Thanks again,

Mark

Default A nice appearance.

I might not know anything about all of this. Don't even know what the word means.

But I like the new shade of green.

Lifey

Default STill working

Lifey,

Thanks for the feedback. We are still working on the appearance of the pages.

Mark