1. Default Baltimore to Niagara with Family

I will be going from Baltimore to Niagara this summer, and my boys will be 7 and 4 as well. Do you have any tips for our trip? Our only main thing we would like to do is Niagara on the Canada side, but are up for anything fun for our kids.
    Last edited by AZBuck; 03-04-2015 at 08:41 PM.

Tucson, AZ

Default Stuff Besides the Falls

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

First, you need to be aware that you will need passports for everyone in your group to cross the border, but that's getting to be old news. Secondly, the drive from the northwestern Chesapeake up through the Finger Lakes to Niagara is one of the more beautiful and lesser traveled great routes in the northeast. I have previously described some of the highlights of that drive here. If there are specific things that your boys find interesting, I can probably offer some further suggestions. You could make the drive up to Niagara Falls in as little as a day if you made only cursory stops, but with so much to see and do en route, you should give serious consideration to spending at least one night on the road. If your boys play organized baseball, they might like to see Williamsport PA which is home to the Little League World Series, or if they like planes the National Soaring Museum is in Elmira NY. In between those two towns is the Grand Canyon of Pennsylvania. And as long as your in Canada, a short ways to the north of the Falls, on Lake Ontario, there's Fort George National Historic Site.

Joplin MO

A bit of a detour, but there's the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown and Howe Caverns near Cobleskill. Also in Elmira is the Corning Museum of Glass.