1. Default 2 months in United States Of America

Srry, its 2 months, not 2 weeks
    I have not been to America but is planning a trip with my whole family of 5. It will take place from the start of Novermber till around the 6 of january. We just came here as we have never been to united states before. We like to visit all the famous theme parks and specifically those very thrilling roller coasters. We must visit all kinds of famous places and tourist attractions. Is it worth to buy the New York pass? If possible, i would like to visit places where celebrities acts. We love excitement and challenger. We like being adventurous , but sadly our kids are too small. So we dont plan to camp.
    The must go places are:
    1. Los Angeles
    2. Hollywood
    3. Florida
    4. California
    5. Texas
    6. New York
    7. Toronto
    8. Vancouver
    I am planning to go to 25 states in 2 months. Got a budget of $22k. Will it be enough. I am travelling from Malaysia so flight tickets will cost are 4.5k. So the real amount to travel in around 18k. I am driving all the way. Or any suggestions. I have seen amtrak,but its also kinda pricey. I dont know what trasnportation to take actually, coz if if i rent a car, i will need a hotel to stay. So if you guys got any cheap and reliable suggestions, you are most welcome. I hope some of you coll peeps will give me an ultimate itenary. If posssible, include the time to travel. I am a total newb, just so you know. Cheers!
    One question: Is my kid who is 120 centimetres tall able to play all rides in all of the theme parks( I either go to california or Orlando Universal Studio, whichever is more thrilling), coz i dont want to go there and they cant play the riddes.
    Last edited by Mike1230; 02-17-2015 at 05:38 AM.

Default A little more information will result in better advice.

Hi, and Welcome to the Great American Roadtrip Forum.

Since it takes about a week to travel coast to coast, with two months available, you should be able to do a nice loop trip, including all the places you mention. However, you do not mention anything of your family's interests, nor the specific places you wish to visit. Whereabouts in Texas, Florida and California and what attracts you to these regions?

When will this trip take place?

A rough estimation of the total distance, doing a loop trip from LA to LA taking in Dallas and Miami, as well as NYC, Toronto and Vancouver, comes to roughly 8.500 miles. This could be driven in 17 days, without much sighseeing. So with 60 days, you have quite some opportunity to see the best the States has to offer. Count on 10.000 miles by the time you drive through and to attractions and accommodation.

It would be a great help if you could tell us the purpose of the trip, what your interests are and which specific places you already have on your list. We can then help with a good route, fill in the blanks and suggest more attractions.

Rental car and hotels/motels is by far the cheapest way to travel. Many motels will have a roll away bed for a fifth person. There are also hotels which cater specifically for families of more than four.

Lifey

It will take place from the start of Novermber till around the 6 of january. We just came here as we have never been to united states before. We like to visit all the famous theme parks and specifically those very thrilling roller coasters. We must visit all kinds of famous places and tourist attractions. Is it worth to buy the New York pass? If possible, i would like to visit places where celebrities acts. We love excitement and challenger. We like being adventurous , but sadly our kids are too small. So we dont plan to camp.
    One question: Is my kid who is 120 centimetres tall able to play all rides in all of the theme parks( I either go to california or Orlando Universal Studio, whichever is more thrilling), coz i dont want to go there and they cant play the riddes.

Last edited by Mike1230; 02-17-2015 at 11:38 PM.
    On this forum it is regarded as rude to edit a post once someone has responded. The above quotes were not in your original post, and other information refered to in my reply has now been deleted.

Additional information should be added in a new post.

Lifey

California Universal Studios vs. Florida Universal Studios:

If you are a Harry Potter book/movie fan, then you'll want Florida's, as that is the only one with the Wizarding World of Harry Potter section. If you'd rather have the original park, in the original place where movies were filmed, then you're better off at the California park. (CA park gets Harry Potter, but not until NEXT spring, 2016.)

Also bear in mind that every theme park will set you back $80-100 per day, per person. They aren't cheap! Everyone is charged from age 3, up. There isn't a big price difference between adults and children (ages 3-12) at any of the theme parks. Universal's and Disney's park hopper tickets -- allowing you to change parks in the middle of the day as many times as you want -- are generally a lot more expensive. Sometimes it's less expensive to do one park each day. (Universal in Florida is actually two parks. One is Universal Studios, the other is Universal's Islands of Adventure. Each park has its own admissions ticket.)

As for whether NYC's Pass will save you money, it depends on how many things you want to see are included in that Pass. We always "do the Math" before buying a city pass.

Donna