1. Default Road trip to warmth and fun.... leaving WI for spring break. Need ideas on where to g

We are looking for a fun road trip. Have a 11yr old and a 15yr old. Looking to go somewhere warm.

Welcome to RTA!

Is this for a 5-day, 7-day, or 9-day trip? It would help us if we knew that, so we can make suggestions. I'm sure that heading south would be great, at least to the no-snow-zone? Remember that a 500-600 mile driving day, which could be done about 2 days in a row without the kids killing each other, is the max. If you have 9-days, you could get down to Texas and back up north.

Donna

3. Default

We have 9 days total. Thanks for the Texas idea... how warm would it be there at that time, any ideas?

If you headed for Houston (1200 mi from Madison, WI) or Galveston (1250 mi), it would be 2 very long days on the road, 5 days there in 60-80F weather, and 2 days back. But that's just one idea. The reason I thought of it was that one April when I was a kid, my entire family went from our home in the Chicago suburbs down to Padre Island, for spring break. Wonderful weather, warm, sunny, and my brother and I were the envy of our classmates when we came back to Illinois with suntans (and chicken pox, but that's another story).

Other thoughts...Pensacola FL (about 1100 mi), New Orleans LA (about the same). Both would be two long days in the car, but thoughts of the beaches and warm weather make kids a lot happier.

Donna

To give you a bit of an idea it has been low 80's here in North Texas the last two days but no worries .... it will be down in the 40's again in a few days .... our weather is very unpredictable
    LOL

All Texas weather jokes aside .... I'm a little bias but Texas would be a great escape from the cold. Just depends on what you & the kids like ... hiking & nature, or the beach or amusement park fun there definitely is different parts of the state down south for different types of fun!

Default That's OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Traci Money View Post
    .... I'm a little bias but Texas would be a great escape
    Traci, nothing wrong with being biased. I think we are all a little biased to our favourite spots, parks and routes. When you read through these forums you will find the same members bringing up the same attractions time and again.... because they liked them, and feel others may too.

Guess that's what it is all about - sharing.

Lifey

I'm just a proud Texas Citizen!!!
    We love visitors here!