Default Pacsafe anti theft luggage.

It was just before my last trip that I was made aware of this product.

There has from time to time been discussion about the various cards to carry foreign currency, as well as the pros and cons of debit and credit cards. All of these have extra costs to them. I have only recently been made aware of folk who, not having used their cards once returned home, had their remaining money slowly stolen by the banks under the guise of 'fees' for not using the card. I have also heard from a friend who travelled in South America, that they had a shoulder bag stolen by having the strap cut.

When I travel I travel with cash, which is largely discouraged by most RTA members. On my last trip it was many many thousands of dollars. Having this piece of luggage made me feel confident knowing my money was safely 'attached' to me at all times.... on the plane.... even when I was asleep.

Since I have never seen it mentioned on this site (did I miss something), thought I would share. For the money, I think it is a brilliant product.

Lifey
    Last edited by Lifemagician; 01-06-2015 at 04:15 PM. Reason: spelling

Default cash safe?

Lifey,

Interesting product.

And yes, for the record, we never recommend carrying more than $200 cash on the road. I rarely carry more than $60 on me at any time.

Thousands of dollars on you?? And you went through customs? Carrying that much cash would seem to be stressful...

Mark

Default Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Sedenquist View Post
    Thousands of dollars on you?? And you went through customs? Carrying that much cash would seem to be stressful...
    Not at all. I guess it would be if you did not declare it. But I fill in all the appropriate paper work. There's nothing to it... no questions asked.

Over seven trips I have never lost a cent.... but I have lost a credit card. Now that was stressful.

Lifey