1. Default Vegas to Yosemite in Feb: 41 or 395?

Hi, I'm planning to drive from Las Vegas to Yosemite next February and I would appreciate some tips on what´s the best option: what road combination has less chances of being closed due to weather conditions? 395 and Tioga Pass or 41 through Bakersfield? Thanks!

Tucson, AZ

Default A Hundred to None

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

It's pretty much a 100% certainty that CA-120 over Tioga Pass will be closed in February, since it is typically closed continuously from mid-November through mid-May. Just plan on I-15 to Barstow, CA-58 to Bakersfield, CA-99 to Fresno, and CA-41 into Yosemite.

3. Default

Thanks very much AZBuck! Noted. I hope you start a great 2015.

4. Default LA to Grand Canyon and Yosemite lodging

Hi: I'm travelling with the family from Argentina to LA in Feb. Two questions: 1) LA to Grand Canyon: would you recommend to do it in a one or two days drive? If we spend a night on the road, where would you recommend we stay? 2) What would be a good place to stay at Yosemite? We plan to visit for 2 full days and then drive to San Francisco. Thanks, your advice is much appreciated!

Moderator Note: Please do not create multiple threads about the same trip.
    Last edited by Midwest Michael; 01-04-2015 at 11:02 AM. Reason: merged threads

South of England.

With a full day on the road you could get to the Grand canyon, or overnight in Williams, Flagstaff or nearby Tusayan to be close to the canyon next morning. If you wanted to stop along the way you could drive through Joshua tree and stay around Lake Havasu or Kingman. If your budget can manage it, you can't beat staying in Yosemite, if not look at surrounding towns such as Mariposa, Groveland and El Portal. The best of the budget options will be in Oakhurst but is further away. You will need to stop overnight between GC and Yosemite. Visalia would be about as far as you should aim.

6. Default

thank you very much!