Default Wifi or a Mobile Hotspot in RV?

Hello! We're going on our maiden voyage in our 'new' (to us) RV in April. I think we'll be taking I-90 most of the way, but we've not decided for sure. I work from home on my computer so internet is a must. I am wondering if I should rely only on wifi or consider purchasing a wireless hotspot (Verizon wireless mifi or Straighttalk wifi box) so that I can get some work done while traveling? When we get home from our trip (which will be about 3 weeks) I won't need the 'box' so I really don't want to invest in a lot, but knowing for that 3 weeks, it will be pretty important. We're going from Vermont - Seattle and back again.

What has worked well for you? I don't download huge files, but do use Google Voice, send emails, check Facebook, upload blog posts and a few photos.

Joplin MO

I would get both. Most wifi is free, but mifi can get expensive. Verizon should have the widest coverage.

Las Vegas, Nevada

Default It might already be in your "package" of services

Look at your phones -- just about all of the Verizon smart phones have an option for using the phone as a wireless hotspot. These days, I use only my phone to power my laptop and other devices when on the road. You do need to have the service turned out -- but you really won't need a hotspot device unless your phones don't have that capabilty.