1. Default RV Trip out West, need advice, please!

My husband and I are trying to plan a trip out west for the middle of next August lasting 30-35 days. We will start from southern Ohio and our main destination is Glacier National Park. I am thinking we need to head north at the beginning of the trip and return on a more southern route. We need advice on which routes will provide the most access to multiple national parks. Our drive time each day can average 6-8 hours, more if needed. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Green County, Wisconsin

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

You certainly can visit Glacier near the start of your trip, but it's not really required, since you'll be gone from mid-August through mid-September the park should be fully open pretty much any time you go. The park does start shutting down many roads and service in late Sept, but it sounds like you'd be home by then.

I think beyond that, you need to figure out which other National Parks you'd like to visit. The Badlands and Black Hills of South Dakota or Teddy Roosevelt NP in North Dakota would be obvious options along the way. Yellowstone and Grand Teton are two more that could easily work, and from there, you could look at the many options in Utah and the 4 corners region. But with a month, going even farther west, onto the Pacific Northwest and possibly down the coast towards California would be within reason.

Considering Glacier is a priority, I also wouldn't rule out Canada's National Parks. As long as you have your passport, the Canadian Rockies have several Amazing parks to explore, with Banff and Jasper being two of the most popular.

Once you have a better idea of where else you'd like to go with your trip, we'll be in a better position to offer additional ideas and suggestions.

South of England.

Default Multiple NP's.

As Michael mentioned, you have many options but for a high concentration of National parks heading south through Yellowstone and the Tetons into Utah and back through Colorado would suit the bill. Zion, Bryce canyon, Capital Reef, Arches, Canyonlands, Mesa Verde, Black canyon and Rocky mountain NP's are all reasonably close to the I70 corridor. Visiting a number of National parks would make the $80 for an annual parks pass good sense. The other thing with RV's and National parks is that there are limited sites and high demand for them, so it's best to book your sites as soon as you can after the booking window opens.