1. Default Road Trip From Denver to Yellow Stone

We recently moved to Denver, CO and would like to see yellow stone in the summer of 2015. We would like to go there (Denver to Yellowstone )in 2-3 days; stay at the park about a week and then come back in 2-3 days. We plan to stay at hotels on the road but camp at yellow stone.
    I would highly appreciate your advice in terms of:
    - routes to go and come back
    - places to see on the road
    - hotels to stay on the road
    - unique restaurants/food places on the road (foodies here!)

Thank you very much!

Green County, Wisconsin

Welcome back to the RTA Forum!

If it were me, I'd probably head up I-25 and check out the Little Bighorn Battlefield, and then head towards Yellowstone via Beartooth Pass and/or Cody.

Then coming back, spend some time in Grand Teton NP, and continue south on US-191 where you could check out Flaming Gorge, Dinosaur NM, or if you have time, continue all the way down to Moab for Arches/Canyonlands before heading home.

Southern California

I concur with Michael's suggestions regarding routing and the stop at Little Bighorn. That, btw, is located 1/2 mile off I-90, on US-212. It's worth a few hours of your time if you're interested in Native Americans and/or history.

If you go into Yellowstone via the Beartooth, bear in mind that Red Lodge is the last place for food until you get to Cooke City/Silver Gate area. There are a few choices at Red Lodge. We were there for breakfast, and I think we ate at the Red Lodge Cafe'. Parking was interesting -- all street parking, then walk.

In Yellowstone, I highly recommend the breakfast bar at the Old Faithful Inn. Though it seems rather pricey at $12.98 (2014 price), you got everything with your meal and that included your juice, coffee or hot cocoa. It was also one of the biggest breakfast bars I've ever seen. The service, even if you opt for the breakfast bar, was impeccable!

As for hotels -- my husband and I have memberships in both Choice and Wyndham hotels. Mostly we stay at Super 8, but occasionally jump over to Econo Lodge or Quality Inn. We also will stay at a mom-and-pop if that's in the price-range. I think next time we travel, we'll stick with one chain or the other so we can build up points a little more easily.

4. Default

Thanks Michael and Donna,
    These are great suggestions! I am already excited about it.