1. Default New Orleans - Washington January

Hi their, this is the first time I have used this website, we have booked our honeymoon to usa, starting in New Orleans and ending in New York, starting on the 28th dec till jan the 10th, a couple of questions originally we wanted to hire a Rv but seem to be struggling on the net, so just gunna get a car I think, looking at a mustang, but just worried about the weather and whether it's suitable ??
    We are planning to drive from New Orleans-Memphis then through the mountains and ending in Washington, then getting the train to NYC, any advice on suitability with a mustang or do I need a SUV, and also any hots spots that I shouldn't miss

York (uk)

Joplin MO

Welcome to RTA!

A winter trip with either a RV or a Mustang would not be very wise. You don't need a SUV, but a standard front drive sedan would be advised.

Green County, Wisconsin

I would agree. An RV would be a pretty horrible choice for a trip at this time of year in the places you're looking to travel. It's simply too cold to take advantage of many of an RV's features (it would likely have to stay winterized) and even finding a campground to spend the night could be difficult.

I'd also agree that a Mustang wouldn't be a very good choice either. Lots of power and rear wheel drive are two things you do not want to be dealing with if you see snow and ice, which are quite possible on this trip. A regular sedan will handle winter conditions much better, and it will also be significantly cheaper.