1. Default Road trip Miami to Houston

Hi we are an Aussie family hiring an rv for two weeks to drive from Miami to Houston. Can anyone suggest an itinerary. We range from 70 to 10 years of age. We will be traveling 11/1-24/1 approx. would like to catch a live sports game (college second tier or top flight) along the way if possible. open to all suggestions. History and nature stops expected.

South of England.

Default Team planning.

Hello and welcome to the RTA forums !

It sounds like a fun family trip ! Whereas I am not really familiar with that part of the US, I would suggest that you look around the forums and road trip planning pages in the tool bars above and get a good map of the USA to hand and discover what appeals to the whole family. Thats the beauty of the open road, getting to choose where you want to go and not follow someone elses itinerary. Of course once you have some dots on the map others will come along and offer suggestions and recommend things along the way, but with the time you have you could venture further afield. It would be helpful to others if you confirmed that this is a one way trip, or will you be heading back to Miami. If you aren't, I presume you are already aware of the one way drop off fees for your rental ? You should also budget in for high fuel consumption [9-10mpg], campground fees, [you can't set up camp easily outside campgrounds in the US] and bedding/kitchen kits and the like. You will also need to take into consideration the temperatures/weather when planning on where to go, as it could get pretty brisk in an RV in January.

Enjoy the planning and get everyone involved from the 10 year old to the 70 year old.

[I have moved your post to the appropriate forum. ]

Tucson, AZ

Default Sports, etc.

During the time of your travels the major sports will be basketball and hockey. Hockey is not that popular in the South, so that leaves basketball. You will be traveling through parts of the footprints of three major college athletic conferences, the Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC), the Southeastern Conference (SEC), and the Big 12. There are also professional basketball teams, and even the odd hockey team, along your line of march, but I think you'd get a much better 'taste of America' and save a bit of money by going to a college game (or two).

As for other things to see and do, major attractions would include Everglades National Park, the Kennedy Space Center, one of the many theme parks in the Orlando area, perhaps Okefenokee Swamp, Gulf Islands National Seashore, and the Creole Nature Trail. But, as Dave pointed out, what you see is up to you - all of you. So get out those maps and see what else is available. We'll be happy to point out whatever we can, but the more specific your questions, the better we can be at helping.

Melbourne, Australia

Default Some worth looking at.

Before heading north, it would be worth exploring the Florida Keys, with the 100 mile Overseas Highway. The Everglades National Park is right nearby, where you may be able to take a boat tour into the swamps. Then there is Alligator Alley, I have seen alligators playing in the water from some of their view platforms. Further north there is Cape Canaveral and the Kennedy Spoace Centre...

There are some lovely scenic routes through Florida, if you'd like to avoid the toll roads and super highways. US-Alt27 from Ocala to Tallahassee is one of them. Others include the Atlantic coast roads - US-1 especially north of Palm Beach and A1A.