We are trying to plan a reasonable (and enjoyable as possible) road trip from the winter gloom of Cambridge, MA, to the sunny brightness of Orlando, FL.
Our constraints are as follows:
* Must leave last week of Nov. (probably around Nov. 21-23).
* One baby (~10 months) in tow, so probably no more than 5 hours of driving total each day.
* Max. duration should be no more than 4-5 days.
* Would like to avoid Thanksgiving traffic (as much as possible).
* No real limitation on $$ spent.
* We will drive our own car (Nissan Sentra).
* Would like to see some nice sites/attractions/towns along the road. We don't mind including small detours for that purpose. We haven't visited the states along the way before, so no specific preconceived preference.
* Preferred routes, considering our time limitations, weather, etc. We're not interested in just blazing through (we still debate with the alternative of simply taking a flight and shipping the car).